Re: Update from FC4 to FC5 stole my kernel

Frank Cox wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006 15:17:59 -0700
Aldo Foot <lunixer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder whether you can see the actual grub.conf file and check the
contents of it?
hopefully the line pointing to the single-processor kernel is listed in the
grub.conf.

I think it should work with the SMP kernel anyway.  FC4 used that and it worked
fine.
Then there is no need for the UP kernel, assuming you actually do have multiple processors/HT. Since you said you can see your filesystem, please post /boot/grub/grub.conf and the partition layout of your system.
-Dan