Re: WPA needs SSID broadcast?

On 4/27/06, Jurgen Kramer <gtm.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I finally moved my wireless connection from WEP128 to WPA-PSK now that
NetworkManager supports it out-of-the-box in FC5. Although WPA works, it
only does so when a enable SSID broadcasting. Is this normal for WPA?
I'd really like to disable SSID broadcasting again.

There's an updated version of NetworkManager in the "testing" repository with release notes claiming some WPA bugs were fixed.
It's probably waiting for a few brave souls to try it out to see if nothing breaks ;).

Kj