Re: Gnome Clock & Applets Font Color

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 12:48 +0300, Ali Helmy wrote:
> Hey lads,
>
> My background image is mostly black, and I have the gnome-panel color
> set to transparent most of the time, or when its a solid color, its
> black, so I have a problem, which is that all gnome applets [clock,
> weather, etc] use a black font to print their text, which obviously,
> doesn't show on the black panel...
>
> So is there some way I can edit the font the panel-applets use to
> display text [say turn it into white for example] so that I can easily
> read them on my black panel?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>      A. Helmy

Ali,

Good morning, sorry to hear that the auto hide failed to stick, not sure
what that's all about.

I had the same problem concerning the applet font colors.  I did some
googling and came up with this:

create a file called .gtkrc-2.0 in your home directory that contains:

style "panel_color"
{
   fg[NORMAL] = "#b4ff7b"
}
widget "*PanelWidget*" style "panel_color"
widget "*PanelApplet*clock*" style "panel_color"

I could not find the specific resources, thus the wild cards.  The color
definition is slightly green of yellow.  I used one of the color-picker
apps to get the value.

You'll need to log off and back on to see the changes.

Bob...