troubles whit lan drivers using Fedora Core 4

Hi

for my new p.c. I bought a P5V800-MX ASUS motherboard whit internal NIC, and I would like to use Fedora Core 4.
After FC4 installation (as workstation mode) the LAN does't work because I'have to install the driver for NIC: the driver is in a ASUS CD with others support softwares (audio driver, vga driver, etc.).
To do that ASUS releases a VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter for Linux driver (the compressed file name is rhinefet.tgz) with instructions for linux driver installation...

ASUS writes:
1): compile the source code to generate rhinefet.ko (I'm using a 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp kernel)
2) insert the compiled file as module using insmode command

But when I try, following instructions, to "make" the files I just obtain errors like "union <anonymous> has no member named 'ethernet'

Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot for your help.
bye,
Rolando