Problems trying to access Windows Share from FC4

Hi..

I have FC4. Using Gnome, I'm trying to access a Windows 2000 shared folder.
I can access the folder from other windows boxes. I bring up the Linux
Nautilus File Mgr/GUI. I then select the "File->Connect to Server". I then
selected "Windows share", and filled in the information:

Server	:thor.mesa.com
Share		:Data
Folder	:
User		:root
Name		:root

from the linux box, i can ping the windows box using "thor.mesa.com". the
name of the shared folder is "Data". i have an actual user on the windows
box, named "root".

the dialog seems to hang and never returns..

any thoughts/comments on what might be going on?

thanks

-bruce