Re: FC5 X can not started, it just black screen

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 08:47 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > First the file you want is not XF86Config , it is /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
> > Second if you are in int level 3 you can run system-config-display to
> > configure the display parameters. This is preferable to having to edit
> > the file itself, which should be you last resort.
>
> Unfortunately, system-config-display has to be able to start X in order
> to work -- at least in interactive mode.  Not sure who thought this was
> a good idea.

But, remember that you can do "system-config-display --reconfig" to have
it probe for settings to use to bring up that interactive mode X based
screen, rather than the borked settings in the xorg.conf.  Not that I'm
arguing that this was a good idea.... <big grin>

--Rob