Re: FC5 - login screen - removing reboot shutdown buttons

John Horne wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:53 -0500, Kenny Gow wrote:
It used to be configurable on the Login Screen GUI but not anymore.

Here's what to do for FC5:

Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Add to the [greeter] section:

[greeter]
SystemMenu=false

Hello,

Many thanks for this, it works fine.

Can I ask how you found out about this entry in gdm.conf? I looked
through the files on my system, did a search on the Internet but
couldn't find anything that worked. Just curious.

I had same question a few weeks back, just after FC5 was released.
I searched also but didn't find any answers. At that time, I had both FC4 and FC5 installed, so I compared what happened when I made the change in FC4 (which was possible through the GUI). I went and looked at the file in FC4 (/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf) which has this section under [greeter]

[greeter]
# The Actions menu (formerly system menu) is shown in the greeter, this is the # menu that contains reboot, shutdown, suspend, config and chooser. None of
# these is available if this is off.  They can be turned off individually
# however
#SystemMenu=true

So I extrapolated the same idea to FC5 but didn't find the gdm.conf anywhere. I can't remember exactly how I found the custom.conf file but it might have been from listing the files in the gdm package.

Then I just experimented with adding "SystemMenu=false" and it worked!

--Kenny