Re: Name resolution broken after upgrading to FC5

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Couldn't tell you, but I don't have NIS or NIS+.  I remain suspicious
that SELinux is the cause, rather than the "nisplus" entry.

The nisplus module is broken in the moment and it causes lookups to
simply fail.  This was caused by a fix we did in response to a bug
report.  We relied on 3rd party testing for verification.  Unfortunately
this testing was completely bogus and the module even break when not
really used.  It's corrected now.  I don't know what the plans for an
update are, though.  Just remove nisplus from nsswitch.conf for now.

To Gordon's comment, I can verify that when put the 'nisplus' entry back into nsswitch.conf (by editing it), the problem comes back.

I'm not running NIS/NIS+ either.. After reading your followups, I looked through my installed packages and found yp-tools, ypbind, and ypserv and uninstalled them all, however name resolution still breaks if I put nisplus back into nssswitch.conf (not that I need it -- I'm just curious). It's not clear to me which is the 'nisplus module' that Ulrich is refering to, though I did notice fetchmail pulled in /lib/libnss_nisplus.so.2 (provided by glibc) during the failed system call.

- Cedric