Re: Wrong page orientation when printing in firefox. SOLVED.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Recently (yesterday) firefox has started printing landscape when portrait was selected. That is the orientation of the sheet whereas the page is formated portrait as normal. In this way the print comes out in landscape format but the top of the page is not printed. It is the other way around if I choose landscape as page orientation.

This is with print on my HP LaserJet 2200 printer and firefox only! All other print comes out normally. But when I print firefox pages on my other printer HP Photosmart 8450 the output is normal, no wrong page orientation.

What can be wrong? I am running FC 5, i386, with the latest updates (as of today) and still incorrect output from firefox.

OK, I found the culpret. It was a file named .lpoptions which for some unknown reason was inserted in my home directory with the following contents:

Default LaserJet orientation-requested=4
Dest Photosmart
Special Advanced%20Faxing%20Tool%20(ksendfax)
Special Mail%20PDF%20File
Special Print%20to%20File%20(PDF)
Special Print%20to%20File%20(PostScript)
Special Send%20to%20Fax

After the file was removed printing went back to normal again.

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen.