Re: How to install LVM partition? --related

On 4/2/06, ron <macroron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello,

I have fc3 on /dev/sda. I just successfully installed fc5 on a new
drive /dev/sdb, but on reboot th e new os does not show up on the grub
choose and boot screen.

boot into fc3
read this to get to your FC5 partition.
now
use file-manager in root mode (superuser more)

get the grub.conf of FC5 in your text editor and copy ctrl-c from there four lines starting from "title"

get to file /boot/grub/grub.conf    <- this fc3 file
Make a backup copy of this file before making any changes.

open the file grub.conf in your favorite editor
add the following 4 lines at the end of file by ctrl-v

check the line next to title to be
      root (hd1,x)

if it is hd0 change it to hd1      do not change the x value

save the file and reboot.
that should help.
--
Anil Kumar Shrama