Re: Firefox flash plugin

Mariano López Reta wrote:
Hello, list.

I tried to install Macromedia's flash plugin, both manually and
automatically (plugin finder). Both finish with "plugin installed". I
checked that it really copied the files to the plugins directory (on
Firefox support page, they say that the xpt file goes in the components
directory, so I copied it there too). I also copied the files
from /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.1 to /usr/lib/mozilla
and /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.12

I restarted the browser a zillion times (I even logged off and on
again), but when I open a web page with flash, it keeps telling me that
I need the plugin.
Can someone tell me what is going on here? I'm lost in the fog at this
point...

Thanks in advance,

copy and paste the following into /etc/yum.repos.d in a file titled macromedia-i386.repo:

<!--start here-->

[macromedia]
name=Macromedia for i386 Linux
baseurl=http://macromedia.rediris.es/rpm/