Re: broadcom wireless

--- "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
<wolfgang+gnus200603@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Joel Jaeggli <joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> >>
> >>    06:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom
> Corporation Dell Wireless 1470 DualBand WLAN (rev
> 02)
> >>            Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company
> Unknown device 1358
> >>            Flags: bus master, fast devsel,
> latency 64, IRQ 10
> >>            Memory at c0204000 (32-bit,
> non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
> >
> > It's probably a broadcom 4318...
>
> Yup.  I just opened up the laptop and the chip says:
>

>       BCM4318EKFBG
>       HS0601P20
>       766529N1
>
> I guess I have to wait till the code for the 4318
> gets sorted out.
>
> -wolfgang

This was recently posted on the bcm43xx list:

Hi...

ehm... i use 4318 with 2.6.16, and absolutly no real
problem
(sometimes i must bring eth down, up, down to put in
monitor mode, but
hey it's work!).
I read this ml to stay updated to release and news,
but if i can help
ask without problem.
The card works for Florian and me, so seem like the
drivers is good,
but some config broken it....

Luca

You may need to build the bcm43xx driver from more
recent source. maybe even use their fwcutter util to
pull the softmac info out of the windows driver.

&#9556;&#9552;&#9552;&#9559;
&#9553; j&#8776;
&#9562;&#9552;&#9552;&#9565;