FC2 -> FC5 Update (Anacoda Problem?)

I am trying to upgrade from i386 FC2 to FC5 using CDs and the graphical version of the installer. The mediacheck went fine. The preliminary upgrade seemed to go fine through the checking dependencies stage. Once that was done I hit "return" and got the message "Transferring install image to hard drive." About two seconds later an error message popped up saying I was probably out of disk space. Upon clicking on "Okay" to that message a second error message appeared mentioning an uncaught exception and suggesting it was probably an anacoda bug. The anaconda log mentions something about a device being busy, presumably the hard drive.

From running a df -h it seems I have plenty of disk space.

/dev/hdc2              18G  6.9G  9.8G  42% /
/dev/hdc1              99M  8.2M   86M   9% /boot
none                  316M     0  316M   0% /dev/shm

Any suggestions on proceeding? I know I can do a clean install of FC5, but would prefer to upgrade if possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.

--Steve McKelvey