Re: kmod-ntfs modules from livna updating, not installing..

Dan wrote:
> After updating the kernel, I am forced now to use the previous kernel
> again for a while, and I noticed that the NTFS driver didn't
> load...that's because kmod-ntfs for the new kernel _updated_ rather
> than installed alongside its fellow kernel's module. Since the kernel
> version is no longer part of the name (I guess in accordance with
> extras?), yum considers them the same package, and so deletes the old
> one. I'd like to keep all my kernel modules (for ntfs, nvidia, ati,
> madwifi, ndiswrapper, etc) for old kernels around, because some of
> them provide very useful functionality, and as in this case, I may not
> be able to use the new kernel for a while.

Have you tried the installonlypkgs option in yum.conf? man yum.conf
says:
    installonlypkgs
        List of packages that should only ever be installed, never
        updated. Kernels in particular fall into this category.
        Defaults to ‘kernel, kernel-smp, kernel-bigmem,
        kernel-enterprise, kernel-debug, kernel-unsupported’.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | I have never used the word contemnor before today.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Thank you for giving me the opportunity.