Re: Problem with Crossover Office after kernel upgrade to FC5

Mike Cohler wrote:
With an up to date FC5 running in a 386 machine using the kernel from the original distribution ( kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 ) I was using MS Word XP and MS Excel XP under Crossover Office from codeweavers without problems.

Today after the upgrade to kernel kernel-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5, each time Word
or Excel loaded once the main window filled there was an error window
saying that the application had an error, and inviting via a checkbox
to save and restart.

This window re-appeared as soon as the application restarted, and the application had to be killed.

Reverting to the original kernel allowed these applications to run normally again.

Anyone else having these problems ?

I also put a ticket into the CXO site at

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=81133;list=6;
ticket_level=2

Mike

Word, Excel and Access all function fine in my FC4 upgraded to FC5 system, using Crossover Office 5.0 and with the new 2080_FC5 kernel.

Gerry