Re: Cron mystery

Steven J Lamb wrote:
I have been searching and greping my entire server for a couple of days
now to figure this one out so bear with me.

As many of you probably do I recive some cron messages from either
failed cron tasks or crons that have some output in them. Not all that
annoying for me as I can easily sort these messages and move on with my
normal order of buisness. However I noticed while reading through some
of my crons that the sender of these messages was supposed the email
address for the old systems admin. I was under the inpression that the
sender of all crons was root@localhost. I have however been unable to
find where this setting is changed. And during abunch of mans or googles
have been unable to find how one configures this. Any ideas out there on
what this is all about.

Sample headers would be useful.

How about /etc/mail/genericstable ?

Paul.