Re: For users with IPW2200

Under FC4 I make some wpa_supplicant.conf and make my own wpa_supplicant
init script without many problems.

When I upgraded my laptop, I were surprised that only installing the
livna-rpm for de ipw firmware, the wpa_supplicant package and config
something into /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant and adapt my
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file to my WPA network were sufficient.

I don't know why needed to use the Network Manager and the complexity
exposed under the link, perhaps is an alternative to make more secure the
links.

I think, that now, in FC5, at least with ipw2200 driver, the live is more
easy to configure the WPA support.

The steps where very simple:
   1) With system-config-network (or elsewhere) configure your IP settings
under wifi interface (without encription).
   2) Say in /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant the interfaces and drivers used
with that interfaces.
   3) Configure your /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file.
   4) Enable your wpa_supplicant service to run at boot:
      chkconfig --levels 345 wpa_supplicant on

Now you only need to do "service wpa_supplicant start|stop|status....."
when you need.

Regards

--
Samuel Díaz García