Firefox window not starting full screen

This is not really a problem, just something I'm curious about.

Firefox 1.5.0.1-9
kde 34.5.1-2.3 RH
FC5

When firefox first starts up the height is full screen but the width leaves
about an inch on the right side.  When I click on the maximize button it
displays as full screen.  But when I close the firefox session and then start
a new one, it acts like before, leaving a band on the right showing the
desktop.

I've looked through all the files under the user directory and the
about:config set but haven't found anything applicable to this (of course,
these old eyes don't see too well anymore).

As I say, I don't consider this a problem or even a major anoyance.  Just that
I feel I should be able to control how it starts.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor