Re: The pet supermarket relay?

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 15:49 -0600, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 28 March 2006 14:47, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > >There is at least one other possibility.
> > >The list server places its own address in the From header.
> > >Challenges come only to the server which ignores them.
> > >Presumably the orginal sender's address
> > >could be put in some other header line.
> >
> > What other line?  That %$#@&^ spambot strips it all.
>
> That %$#@&^ spambot won't strip anything sent
> from the server to the list subscribers.
> That %$#@&^ spambot would be sending its
> garbage to the server which would ignore it.
> Neither the subscribers nor their mail servers
> would see the garbage from that %$#@&^ spambot.
----
New Rules # with deference if not admiration to Bill Maher...

Those who wish to offer better solutions to the problem that is
described at the following link...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UOL

NEW RULE UOL#1
If their solution is intended for the list manager...please email the
list manager directly and not waste his time on the list...the list
manager's name is
Warren Togami
  and his email address is
togami AT redhat.com

NEW RULE UOL#2
If their solution is intended for users on how better to filter than the
suggestions on that page, please email the author of that page. His name
is Patrick Barnes
  and his email address is
nman64 AT n-man.com

And if you still insist on pissing in the wind by offering further
aolutions then:

NEW RULE UOL#3
You MUST acknowledge that you have read the wiki page in your first
sentence AND state that your knowledge exceeds the knowledge offers a
better understanding of the problem and the solution than is offered on
that wiki page.

of course, I can't make new rules nor enforce them, nor would I wish to
enforce them...but the point of this should be abundantly clear. No
amount of discussion on this list is gonna stop it from occurring.

;-)

Craig