Dual Boot w/ 2 SATA drives fix

Situation:
I have 2 Seagate SATA drives:
Models:
ST3120827AS (120gig) hd0 /dev/sda M$Winbloze XP Prof installed
ST3808110AS (80gig) hd1 /dev/sdb FC5x86_x64 to be installed
The goal is to implement a dual boot configuration using GRUB. My
motherboard is an Intel D915GEV w/ a P4 3gig EM64T processor.
During the first installation, GRUB did not install at all, but it
generated the grub.conf. So, I used the FC5 rescue CD. After setup of
rescue cd, execute “chroot /mnt/sysimage”. Go to /boot/grub. Look for a
file named device.map:

Example:

[root@dhcppc1 grub]# more device.map
# this device map was generated by anaconda
(hd0) /dev/sda

Using my favorite file editor, I added this:

(hd1) /dev/sdb

The reason anaconda did not add the 2nd drive was that the BIOS only
recognized the CD drive as 1st boot drive, then the ST3120827AS (120gig)
hd0 /dev/sda drive was recognized as the 2nd boot drive. The BIOS in
this motherboard is different from what I have seen. The BIOS does
recognize the drive under the configuration menu, but not in the boot
priority menu. Only one hard drive can be chosen. So, the 120 gig SATA
drive was set to 2nd boot device in BIOS.

After adding the 2nd drive to the device.map file as shown above,
execute "grub-install /dev/sda". A new grub.conf file will be generated.
Take a look at the new grub.conf file to verify it is correct

This is how grub.conf looks on my machine now...

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=99999
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
#hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core 5 (2.6.15-1.2054_FC5)
        root (hd1,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 ro
root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.img
title ms winbloze xp prof
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1