Re: NVIDIA drivers working yet?

Mark Hutchinson wrote:
I need to get the nvidia drivers installed on FC5.
Does anyone have this working yet?
I have kernel-devel installed and am trying to use the NVIDIA-8178 drivers from
nvidia.com but the build always fails.  There does not seem to be any drivers
at livna yet either.

Anyone know how to get them in?

You must wait a little while for an updated kernel (and in addition you must patch the nVidia driver shim sources). The kernel that went out with FC5 has a symbol needed by the nVidia binary drivers mistakenly marked up as GPL-only. Apparently a new kernel package is forthcoming as an update in the next few days.

I feel your pain as I am currently reduced to 1024x768 instead of 3200x1200....

-Andy