Re: smb4k vs. firewall

Neal Becker wrote:
What ports do I need to open so that smb4k will be able to browse the
network?  Assume I am using default settings for smb4k:
- scan network to obtain browse list
- use nmblookup

If I use system-config-securitylevel and select samba as a trusted service,
this does NOT work. This enables 137/udp, 138/upd, 139/tcp IIRC.

445 is meant to be wandering around in some cases AIUI. Sometimes there seems to be UDP on 137:139, sometimes TCP depending on which flavour of Windows.

Set tcpdump going and see what kind of Pokemon you have.

-Andy