Re: SATA Question for you

Aaron Konstam wrote:
I can't get Fedora Core 3 or Fedora Cora 4 to recognize my SATA hdd's.
The type of drives I'm using are:  Seagate Barracuda 7200.g   160GB
The Motherboard I'm using is:     ASUS-VM Rev. 1.01   ACPI Bios Rev. 0403

Are there any procedures or drivers that you know of that could help me
get
this to work?

Thank you for your time.

Rich.

Normally the BIOS for systems with SATA drives have several options for
dealing wiht the SATA drive. I would try a different option and see if
that helps choosen from the BIOS screen.

I have SATA in both my desktop and laptop (not in the specs) and FC4 installed on both with no problems. Heck FC1 installed on my desktop with the addition of a driver. FC4 on the desktop recognized both my controllers and all 4 drives.

The drive isn't the issue, the controller and bios is.

What is your controller chip?
--
Robin Laing