Re: SAMBA configuration - Machine name

just for suggesting!
1.  use "smbclient \\localhost\share_name" in FC2 to connect the samba
locally to ensure that samba is functional & the user is able to read &
write files.
    (login as user that is permitted to access samba sharing folders, and
run above command)
2. for firewall issue, if necessary, open port 137:udp, 138:udp & 139:tcp
    (perhaps, you may close down the firewall temporary to test if the
firewall cause the access denies)
3. ensure that yr FC2 doesn't running SELINUX. (It seems that FC2 doesn't
run SELINUX in default)
4. for testing only, use UPPER CASE of password for linux user & samba user.
    (perhaps, MSDOS converse the password to UPPER CASE before sending to
samba)

in addition, change the shared folder as browseable=yes, change back to
browseable=no after you can successfully connect to samba from workstation.

no more suggestion!

"Mike McCarty" <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
???????:441A4C4B.5070504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx