Re: OT - convert m$ access files to openoffice base

Robin Laing wrote:
If anyone has met with success when trying to convert MSaccess DBs over to Openoffice.org-base (windows-bound) and then over to Linux, I am interested in this possibility also.

Jim

This may be better on the OpenOffice mail list. I have not tried the database in OOo but it should work the same across all OS's. If there is an issue between OS's, this needs to be addressed by the OOo developers. Check their Issues.

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/project_issues.html

Thanks! I'll probably attempt to read an openoffice database file created by one of the OS versions within the other. When Openoffice.org with the DB feature was first introduced, it was a major accomplishment to create a native DB. I will try again to create a db from an existing database on one OS and see if it will work on another OS db when created in a format that both should be able to handle.

Jim

--
Fresco's Discovery:
	If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.