Re: bacula server

thanks folks but i do not have a leg to stand on here i am coming from freebsd where make install clean is about all i guy needs to install software.

I downloaded what i think you are talking about the src rmp

bacula-1.38.5

have know idea how to rebuild rpms and do not even seem to have rpmbuild on my system.

tried a good old configure but got this
[root@shoemasters bacula-1.38.5]# ls
ABOUT-NLS  configure  kernstodo    nb-1.37    projects      scripts
autoconf   COPYING    kes-1.38     patches    README        src
ChangeLog  examples   LICENSE      platforms  README.AIX    updatedb
CheckList  INSTALL    Makefile.in  po         ReleaseNotes  VERIFYING
[root@shoemasters bacula-1.38.5]# ./configure
checking for true... /bin/true
checking for false... /bin/false
configuring for bacula 1.38.5 (18 January 2006)
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for g++... g++
configure: error: Unable to find C++ compiler

Please help