Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 18:09 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 08:48, Craig White wrote:
>
> > If you except the notion that Fedora is 'cutting edge' technology, then
> > you would understand the notion that the developers are going to change
> > things for the betterment of the overall product as opposed to not
> > keeping things the same merely to meet people's expectations.
>
> Or they are making changes just to be making changes.  Removing
> options and moving things around might not bother a new user
> but it can't be for the betterment of someone already running
> a current version.  Consider that Sun claims that you can run
> any program written for 2.6 (released in 1996) under the current
> Solaris 10.  You don't have to break existing conventions,
> documented interfaces, and API's to make improvements.
----
this is so absurd that I have to respond. When the objectives for Fedora
are remotely similar to those of Sun's, then it might be plausible
statement. Since the objectives for Fedora are nothing even remotely
similar, comparing Fedora to Sun Solaris is wholly and completely
absurd.

If you want to believe that developers are making changes just to be
making changes, then there is little I am going to say that changes your
mind.

Craig