Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:03 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Fri March 10 2006 9:49 am, Craig White wrote:
> > To that end - you have to ask yourself, why am I posting this here to
> > the fedora-list...
>
> OK - that's fair. There are many points to be made, but I'll make one. By
> alerting the huge user base here, who mostly are not reading the development
> list, of changes being made that they may not agree with, some may be
> sufficiently moved to go to the relevant places to register their
> disagreement. If this discussion were not being held here, there are many who
> would be greatly surprised, unpleasantly so, on March 15, when they went to
> install their new FC5.
>
> If you must insult others to make your own point, that's your problem, not
> mine.
----
It is not my intention to insult anyone and the impression that I am
somehow insulting is a leap that you are making.

Personally, I don't know why Rahul even bothers responding and I give
him a lot of credit for absorbing all the guff. I know that most of the
RH employees simply vacated this list because of this and the ones that
still post here for time to time, simply never bother responding to any
of it - if they do read it all.

We used to have Chris K, Trond G, and Mike H on this list and they have
all decided that they had better things to do with their time than
defend the decisions typically made by others or by committee because of
the impressions by some users.

What appears to be reasonable to you (you in the collective sense of
fedora-list users) probably seemed unreasonable to them from time to
time, just as you assume that I am insulting you (in the personal sense)
because I see some of the commentary to be repetitive to the point of
whining without having any real chance at being constructive because the
places that are designed to effectuate change are bugzilla and the
developers list.

Craig