Re: Boot problem

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 20:01 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> He shuts down the computer and it cools down.  When it is cold and he
> starts it up, it freezes refusing to load windows or fedora.  He turns
> it up again and it warms up then it works.  It is a strange thing.

Of the top of my head, I can think of the following reasons:

Plugs and sockets (including plug in cards, ICs, cabling, etc.) may not
be well seated.  Changes in temperature could change their seating.
Unplug and replug everything.

There's temperature sensitive faulty components.  They ought to be
replaced, if you could identify them.  They'll only get worse.

Faulty power supply that's not re-starting properly (that's assuming
that it stops for a moment when you do a reboot, mine appears to).

Hardware isn't properly resetting after a reboot, and is coming up in an
undefined state.  This could be because a reset isn't being properly
sent through the motherboard.

I read messages from the public lists.