New HP Compaq nx9420 laptop

I know it is new but looks interesting. New hardware and linux can be
hit or miss but I think all this hardware is supported. The chipset
should be fine, anyone know what SATA chip it uses?. Is the radeon x1600
supported in 2d? I know I need r300 dri for any 3d. For wireless the
broadcom driver was just added to the kernel. Would Intel wireless be
more mature? What I'm more concerned about is audio, have no clue if
ALSA supports it.

Sorry if this is not the proper list. Maybe a hardware specific list
would be appropriate.

-Louis

Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2.0-GHz, 667 FSB, 2MB-L2
           cache)

Chipset: Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset

Memory: DDR2 SDRAM, 667-MHz, two SODIMM slots supporting dual channel
        memory8, 1024MB, supports up to 4096 MB

Hard drive(s) 9.5-mm SATA hard drives: 100-GB 7200 rpm

Removable media: 12.7-mm optical drives: SuperMulti Double Layer2 DVD
                 +/-RW

Display: 17.0-inch WSXGA+ wide-viewing angle (1680 x 1050 resolution
         and 16 M colors),

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 with 256MB of dedicated video memory

Audio: PremierSound High Definition Audio support w/24-bit audio DAC,
       Digital EQ, Advanced audio power management,line out/headphone
       jack, microphone jack, integrated microphone

Wireless support: Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, or
                  Broadcom 4311BG 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter,

Communications: Broadcom Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet Controller6
                (10/100/1000 NIC), 56K modem, HP power down NIC
                technology

Expansion slots: 1 Type I/II PC Card slot supports 32-bit CardBus and
                 16-bit cards 7-in-1 Media Reader: Secure Digital,
                 MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory
                 Stick Duo, Smart Media and xD memory cards

Ports and connectors: 4 USB 2.0, VGA, audio in/out, power, RJ-11, RJ-45,
                      S-video TV out, IEEE 1394a, docking, HP Travel
                      Battery

Input device: Full-sized keyboard; Touchpad with scroll zone