Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Its better to make the post installation package management flexible enough to deal with all kinds of use cases on adding and removing additional software on the system IMO.

I agree that having a very capable package management program far outweighs the initial installer which is single use. The initial installer probably should only install a basic GUI with a few games, a browser and enough items to keep one entertained while the person is waiting on the system to be completely functional after package selection was completed via the post install package manager. I guess you would need security, languages and the like installed for protection during the post-install system readiness phase.

I still desire to pull in a lot of applications that do sort of the same things, some servers, multiple desktops and items which are pretty much what was obtainable selecting an everything install in earlier distribution versions.

Since I use a lot of programs that are not in core, I would need to setup repos for the packages and use a post-install package retrieval and installer after initial installation anyway.

Jim
--
Windows NT source code now available... download WIN2000.BAS now!

   -- From a Slashdot.org post