Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram:
>> I wouldnt ever want that additional work for programs that I
>> dont even use which is why I advocate always keeping track of the
>> packages that you install and install software only when you will use it
>> instead of dealing with random bloat through a blind installation of
>> everything just because it happened to be supplied in Fedora Core.

Les Mikesell:
> So how do you ever decide to run a new program?

Do you plough through everything on your computer and try to find a use
for it.  Or do you use your computer to do what you want, and look for
something to fulfill your needs as you go along?

I'd sooner have a good list of available programs with detailed
information about them, then several gigs of stuff installed that'll
involve many megs/gigs of keeping up to date, even if I'm not using
them.

I read messages from the public lists.