Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

gb spam wrote:

> Perhaps you should check the list - it was "debated" at length there
> with all pro-choice arguments dismissed, sometimes with valid points,
> but often without valid points.

I do subscribe to it... what was the thread called?  A quick search on
'everything' in the last 30 days in Thunderbird showed lots of posts but
not the magic thread as I could recognize it.

>> because that at least has the
>> possibility of convincing the people responsible for the code.
>
> Sadly not, anti-choice wouldn't listen to pro-choice.  Their minds
> were already made up, and the change was presented as a fait accompli.

Ah well steady on, I could ask for a button that changes the installer
background colour and use the same generic "anti choice" complaint when
I was told where to stick my demand.  Therefore it's not a useful
observation.

>> What should have happened differently?
>
> Well, its perfectly possible to make those that don't to use an option
> and those that do want to use an option happy.  Perhaps that could
> have been considered?

I'll read the thread you mentioned if you can point me to it.  Some day,
perhaps years from now, I likewise hope to convince someone about
something on that list, hell, any mailing list.  Or Internet forum.  Hm
in fact also living room.

-Andy