Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 09:40, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Just having a program with a security hole on disk through a "everything" installation that you dont use is a potential problem that leaves room for an exploit.

Which means that it will be found and fixed, which is pretty
much the point of delivering it in fedora in the first place.
Right and when its fixed you have the burden of keeping yourself updated. I wouldnt ever want that additional work for programs that I dont even use which is why I advocate always keeping track of the packages that you install and install software only when you will use it instead of dealing with random bloat through a blind installation of everything just because it happened to be supplied in Fedora Core.

--
Rahul