Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 11:14 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> The problem with the 'everything' install before was simply
>> that it included all languages in addition to all the software
>> even though you had already explicitly chosen the language
>> you wanted.   I guess this is the easy way to solve that
>> problem...
>
> Though, that (putting on all the languages, no matter whether you did
> all the other packages) seemed to be the only way to get multi-lingual
> web pages to display properly.  I went through a lot of grief, post
> installation, trying to get Firefox to display foreign language webpages
> with the correct characters rather than four-digit unicode, or other
> indicators, instead.

Now wait a minute. This has gone from the 'you have got to be kidding' to the
you have REALLY got to be kidding'.

You are saying that you need to 'install everything' so that all of the locale
files are installed so that Firefox will display all of those web sites in all
of those languages? That you can read and understand?

Really? Man. You are in the wrong job with computers.

You do know that the only locale that will be displayed is the ONE that you
select. Right?

Bye troll(s). You just hit the bit-bucket.

--

  David