Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:43:31 -0600,
  Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see the removal of the 'everything" install as a major plus. Several
> gig of unasked for foreign language packages were a real bear to clean
> out the one time I actually opted for "everything".

A lot of people don't care about a couple of Gig of disk storage.
It is easier to just install the stuff and have it there if you need it
than worrying about what exactly you want to install or having to figure
out later where to get something.

At the very least there should be a way to check all of the check boxes
with one command (or maybe one for each group). It is a pain in the rear
(and error prone) to go through the lists of optional packages checking
the ones not selected by default.

I have done several practice installs of FC5 now and there are packages that
are not installed by default that I definitely want to have (e.g. festival
and some of the Posgres packages).