Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

> Jeff Vian wrote:
>
> >I would agree on the wish for an option to select a group and expect all
> >within it to be installed.  As examples, mysql and postresql would be
> >nice for that. With FC4 less than half the individual packages for those
> >groups were installed by default and it was time consuming to do the
> >full groups.  However, IIRC the installer has never allowed selecting an
> >entire group with a single check mark.  Groups can be installed in
> >entirety from the command line with yum.
> >

> Both Anaconda and Pirut allows groups of packages to be installed.
> Optional components arent selected within the groups by default but the
> major packages including MySQL and PostgreSQL is selected within the
> group usually.

IIRC, on FC4 either the mysql-server or the postgresql-server was one
that was not selected by default within the group - Kind of a major
necessity.  Have not done an FC4 install for months, so it is hard to
remember the fine details.
I am looking forward to seeing the finalized version of the installer
for FC5.  I could not use the graphical installer with T3 because of
problems with the nv video driver, but maybe that has been fixed by now.