Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

When it comes to installing FC5-T3, the package managers
the Fedora-Team supplied really makes the installation
experience VERY poor.  It is VERY unstable.  The current
package manager (Add/Remove Software) appears to have been
written and designed by someone's 5 year old kid; is slapped
together ad-hoc, poorly designed and is absolutely useless for
the hurried installer.  Prepare to sit in front of your monitor
and select your "all packages" choices, one-by-one and cross your
fingers - you *might* make it, you *might* not.  Alas - my eyes
are bloodshot after 3 days.  I *should* have known better to download
the RPM's myself, write a script with rpm commands and I would save
a LOT of time - but no - I placed my (mis)trust in this highly touted
new program manager for FC5.
The test release are meant for testers to provide feedback on the ongoing development within a release and might have issues. Discussions are better post in fedora-test list and if there is a stability issues its better to file bug reports on that. The user interface for Pirut earlier had earlier been quick thrown together while functionality was under focus. It has been updated recently after the test3 release. If you have the latest updates and you believe there are improvements to be made, send in your comments as RFE's in bugzilla or discuss them in the fedora-test list.

Giving up, I tried yumex and it was nightmarish, highly unstable, and
actually FROZE the OS!  THAT was included in the Extra's folder and
I cannot for the LIFE of me understand my this is supported and not
APT and Synaptics!

APT/Synaptic was a very good package manager and proved it's
mettle but apparently the Fedora Team must not like the fact
they did not want something developed by another distro so
apparently they threw this out of the extras folder and destroyed
any chance to recover from a black eye.
The problem with Apt-RPM is described in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Apt and synaptic depends on Apt-RPM. If you had a problem with YumEx, I am sure the developer would appreciate a bug report with the relevant information.

I am VERY disappointed with FC5-T3 and refuse to continue
with it any further and will look into other distros who can do
the job more professionally.

So - maybe you should look at things more closely before suggesting
to Thomas that HE try it out.  I am saving Thomas a nightmare as
reported above.
The overall feedback on the test/development release for Fedora Core 5 has been pretty positive. If there are issues to deal with, the feedback needs be send to relevant developers through the development and test lists as well as bugzilla. Guidelines are available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing.

--
Rahul