Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
Giving up, I tried yumex and it was nightmarish, highly unstable, and
actually FROZE the OS!  THAT was included in the Extra's folder and
I cannot for the LIFE of me understand my this is supported and not
APT and Synaptics!

APT/Synaptic was a very good package manager and proved it's
mettle but apparently the Fedora Team must not like the fact
they did not want something developed by another distro so
apparently they threw this out of the extras folder and destroyed
any chance to recover from a black eye.

More likely apt and things based on it are not used in Fedora because apt does not support multilib and is hence incompatible with the x86_64 Fedora distribution.

Paul.