Can you help? My computer is ahead of it's time!

Hey gang,

Now THIS is interesting.

I'm in the central time zone U.S.A. (Chicago), and suddenly, a few days ago, my computer thought it was in the eastern time zone (1 hour later), and the clock jumped ahead one hour!

Since I have ntp turned on to ping sites for the correct time, I thought the upstream host was flaky. So, I went into the time function by clicking on the clock with the right mouse button, then "Adjust date and time", and then clicked on "Chicago". It then pinged the new host for the correct time, and it got it. Problem solved, or so I thought.

When I type "date", I get:

Sat Mar  4 12:41:17 CST 2006

But...all my scripts are still kicking off as they were in the eastern time zone! How can this be?

I have questions. You have answers...I hope! Any help is geatly appreciated. Thanks!