Re: system-config-cluster error

Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
I am configuring a cluster of 2 HP machines and I just installed Fedora Core 4 on both machines with the proper services to run a cluster and share resources. I managed to share a disk array as a single partition with both machine by the Global File System.
To further configure the cluster I installed the system-config-cluster
RPM package as suggested by the documentation which anyway is not part
of the Fedora Core 4 CDs. I found it on rpmfind and installed with an
rpm -i command. I can start the application and make changes but if I
try to save them I get the following trace.
[[email protected] cluster]# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-cluster", line 435, in propagate
    if self.model_builder.exportModel(CLUSTER_CONF_PATH) == True:
File "/usr/share/system-config-cluster/ModelBuilder.py", line 361, in exportModel
    if self.perform_final_check() == False: # failed
File "/usr/share/system-config-cluster/ModelBuilder.py", line 780, in perform_final_check
    self.check_two_node()
File "/usr/share/system-config-cluster/ModelBuilder.py", line 806, in check_two_node
    self.CMAN_ptr.addAttribute('two_node', '1')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'addAttribute'

Anybody can help me to make it work? Or perhaps should I get a different package? The one I downloaded is system-config-cluster-1.0.24-1.0.noarch.rpm. Thanks in advance.
system-config-cluster-1.0.24-1.0 is the version that the development
repository carries.. The version seems to require the below.
You might try to remove the version that you have installed and
temporarily activating the fedora-devel-repo and using yum to install
system-config-cluster and matching versions below.
If s-c-cluster is available for FC4, (I thought that it was, have not
checked) yum install the package from the FC4 version to install it.
I have not personally worked with the cluster manager to actually create
a cluster file system. I was able to save the config file with a few
bogus entries without the problem that you describe when saving the changes.
rpm -q --requires system-config-cluster
/sbin/chkconfig
/usr/bin/python2
config(system-config-cluster) = 1.0.24-1.0
gnome-python2
gnome-python2-canvas
pygtk2
pygtk2-libglade
python >= 2.3
rhpl >= 0.148.2
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).