Re: Getting a folder with FTP

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 12:46 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Chris Norman wrote:
> > Hi people,
> > How can I get a folder via FTp, preserving the sub dirs and files within it?
> > I am using ftp from the command line, no GUIs or anything are an option.
>
> lftp can do mirroring jobs like that and much more.

Yes lftp is great for that. You just do "mirror folder" and it downloads
everything in that folder. You can also do "mirror -R localfolder" and
you can upload a local folder to the FTP server. And like somebody else
suggested if it's just a folder you want to download and that's it, wget
is also good for that.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>