To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: Info about fedora and dell inspiron 630m

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 08:47 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
S. Cesaretti wrote:

> When the system asks login the keyboard doesn't write in random way.
> one time it writes and onother time it doesn't write.
> How can I solve this problem?
> I would try to update the kernel but It's really difficult because the
> system doesn't work correctly as I said.

If you can manage to enable ssh (port 22) on the laptop's firewall, you
should be able to ssh into the laptop from another machine with a
working keyboard.  That will take the sting from the problem while you
examine it.  You can open the firewall port by hand with

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
service iptables save

He may not even need to do that.
If I recall - it is only closed if you request it closed at install.
Been a long time since I installed FC3 though.