Re: ref: Subject: Is SELinux resetting permissions?

> gary wrote:
>
>>In a attempt to get audacity running again (now I get i/o errors
>>in user mode) I decided change permissions on /dev/dsp from 600
>>to 660 to see what effect that would have on my audacity problem.
>>Each time I leave root, /dev/dsp reverts back to 600.
>>
>>Why can't I change permissions on /dev/dsp?

I think FC is doing this the same way as other Linux distributions I
have used. The permissions for /dev/dsp are controlled by
/etc/security/console.perms. When the first user logs in, they are
given ownership of the device, and the permissions are set. When
they log out, the permissions revert to the default values in the
file. So any changes you make are lost. This affects a lot more then
just the sound device...

Mikkel