Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 231

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 23:20 -0800, Tod Merley wrote:
> The technical specifications of a typical 2016 battery can be found
> at:
> http://www.kodak.com/eknec/documents/f9/0900688a8019d7f9/KCR2016.pdf
> A couple of interesting things here.  One is that your 100K resistor
> will load the poor little critter down to about 2.8 volts at room
> temperature (see the operating voltage verses load resistance curves)
> and a second is that typical "skin resistance" I have measured often
> in the 100K range (it varies from about 2M on very dry tough skin down
> to a couple of K if people are sweating) and that cheap meters I have
> seen have "ohms per volt" rateings of as low as 1K.  So on the three
> volt scale the meter would load 3k making the measurement.

Still using an analog meter?  ;-)  Mine lasted many years, and a few
falls from towers onto concrete floors until it finally gave up the
ghost.  During that time I had two digital multimeters die all by
themselves, and they were treated very carefully (they cost a lot!).

Just a note about those button batteries:  If you handle them, your
finger grease can provide enough of a current path to prematurely
flatten the cell.  Try to avoid putting your fingers across the
terminals, and wipe them clean if you do (the terminals, not your
fingers - well wipe them clean too before you eat).  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.