Re: What do you think of Centos

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
On 2/22/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, it's not clear.  First you complain about them removing
the tradmarks, then continue with a complaint about when
they tried to give some credit.  Which is it you'd prefer?
They were never pretending to 'be' RedHat but they did
try to describe the origin and legal status of the product.

I would prefer they leave the distribution of Red Hat Enterpise Linux
to Red Hat Software, Incorporated.   What you seem to be missing here

But they aren't doing that. RHEL includes quite a bit of
stuff not included in CentOS. Also, RHEL includes paid-for
support, which CentOS does not. CentOS is much more like Fedora,
in that both are "community support" (whatever that means).

is this, Les (and others): "I do not care what they do to be in the
clear legally, I think they're in the moral wrong."

I think dousing your wife in gasoline and setting her on fire when
you're bored with her and want to marry someone else is morally wrong.

Well, you're getting a little bit extreme, aren't you?

:-)

Oh, and now I see what you meant in your private e-mail!

:-) :-)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.