Re: Grub config file editing

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Tim wrote:

It's not difficult to do.  And unless you never prune out all your prior
kernels (which is bad management), it's not a lot of work.  The manual
isn't too bad describing this, and I certainly would read a manual for
something if I was considering customising my PC to do something.

Er ... where is the grub manual?
Do you mean the "man grub" entry?
Or what you get if you say "info grub"?
The latter is much more informative,
but very difficult to navigate through, IMHO.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/

Not sure what led me there the first time, perhaps the README file
in /usr/share/doc/grub* .  Just now, I got there by Googling for
"grub manual" (including the quotes).

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.