Re: DBDesigner4

Eric Brunson wrote:
Paul Smith wrote:

On 2/19/06, Tod Thomas <tod@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
...is not suuported anymore I understand.  Has anybody had luck
compiling it with gcc for FC4?  Is there an alternative I can try.

Your post has suggested the following question:

can not one find a supported program similar to DBDesigner4?

Paul

I was able to install it from an RPM on their website. I had to Google for some odd libraries and then tell it to install --nodep because of some lame MS SQL Server shared lib dependency which only gets dynamically loaded when needed, so it didn't hurt anything.

I just installed the precompiled linux binary, it just needed the compat-libstdc++-296.i386. Upon first glance it looks ok, but a number of the GUI dialogs don't present perfectly. I'm using WindowMaker so maybe there are some differences lurking there.

Haven't run into the dependency you mentioned, but haven't tried much with it yet.

Tod