Re: Delivery time expiration

Alessandro Brezzi ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on 15/02/2006 17:04:
2006/2/15, Antonio Montagnani <anto.montagnani@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:anto.montagnani@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:

    Mike Klinke wrote / ha scritto on /il 15/02/2006 15:28:
    > On Wednesday 15 February 2006 02:24, James Wilkinson wrote:
    >

    >> Either Red Hat has whitelisted Demon (my ISP), or the Red Hat
    >> implementation of greylisting learns which IP addresses will
    >> properly retry e-mails, and doesn't bother delaying e-mails from
    >> them. Presumably there's a timeout, so one e-mail may get
    >> greylisted every three months or so.
    >>

    > This "learning" is a normal function of greylisting and the timeout
    > you mention is a configurable parameter.  I don't know if it's
    > still true but at one time it appeared that only some of the RH
    > servers where using greylisting.
    >
    > Regards, Mike Klinke

    anyway I started the thread and this list is getting out-of-use to
    me as
    my ISP (the greatest italian ISP) is greylisted, and of course they
    can't do any action.
    :-(

Hi,
you can:
1. change ISP (Tiscali, McLink ... to name some available in Italy)
2. use a non-ISP mail account (GMAIL and even Yahoo.com <http://Yahoo.com>, but not MSN.com :-) ) HTH
--
Alessandro Brezzi
I do not want to change my ISP as the list is not able to accept the e-mail from the largest provider in Italy. I understand that the problem is on the list side, so someone involved in list maintenance should answer to me...

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org