Re: Missing dependencies - FC4

On Friday 17 February 2006 14:35, Jeff Vian wrote: installed.
> > What's wrong?
>
> Possibly package mismatches (yum dependency hell) that sometimes occurs
> when you use more than the default repos for update.
> You did not say what repos you have enabled but at times they are out of
> sync, or their packages conflict with each other or with the core repos.
>
> It may take a little bit of judicious testing to identify the problems,
> and posting the actual messages you get may assist us in helping you.

I had just added FreshRpms to the list actually provided by yum/yumex.  I
didn't think quickly enough to take a screen shot.  I'll try this evening to
get a list of the packages that I was trying for, then run them through yum
instead of yumex.  Hopefully I'll then be able to capture the messages in
full.  Meanwhile, from memory and scribbled notes, it was something like

XFree86-libs required by synaptics
XFree86-libs required by gnomeutils
libdpstk.so required by ImageMagick
xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2 required by xorg-x11-xfs (unsure of writing
there)
libdps.so1 required by ImageMagick.

Anne